At this point my 'intracranial' lesion history, as best as I can glean from radiology reports, is:
#1 - Left occipital lobe (resected/radiated 2010)
#2 - Left parasagittal parietal (radiated 2010, resected/radiated 2011)
#3 - Right temporal lobe (resected/radiated 2011)
#4 - Left parietal periatrial (radiated 2011)
#5 - Left caudate body and/or corona radiata (radiated 2011)
#6 - Left anterior temporal horn (radiated 2018)
#7 - Right anterior temporal horn (radiated 2018)
#8 - Left posterior lateral ventricle (radiated 2019)
As of a month ago, there is no 'extracranial' lesion, which is good in one sense, but limits my treatment choices: no clinical trials or treatments requiring access to a lesion. I will get another MRI in a 2-month interval from the previous one. My radiation oncologist says my oncologist needs to come up with something, but his choices are limited. He's mentioned using a VEGF inhibitor several times in conjunctions with the Ipi/Nivo combination, which I am continuing with, depending on what data, if any, comes out from ASCO at the end of May regarding VEGF inhibitors and melanoma. I'm not all that conversant on the FDA approval status of each of these inhibitors. I think they've both been approved for solo use. However, as of April 22, axitinib was approved in combination with Keytruda for renal cell carcinoma. I'm not sure which one my oncologist was thinking he preferred. Next steps depend on what kind of trend if any is seen with the next MRI, along with any data from ASCO 2019.
#1 - Left occipital lobe (resected/radiated 2010)
#2 - Left parasagittal parietal (radiated 2010, resected/radiated 2011)
#3 - Right temporal lobe (resected/radiated 2011)
#4 - Left parietal periatrial (radiated 2011)
#5 - Left caudate body and/or corona radiata (radiated 2011)
#6 - Left anterior temporal horn (radiated 2018)
#7 - Right anterior temporal horn (radiated 2018)
#8 - Left posterior lateral ventricle (radiated 2019)
As of a month ago, there is no 'extracranial' lesion, which is good in one sense, but limits my treatment choices: no clinical trials or treatments requiring access to a lesion. I will get another MRI in a 2-month interval from the previous one. My radiation oncologist says my oncologist needs to come up with something, but his choices are limited. He's mentioned using a VEGF inhibitor several times in conjunctions with the Ipi/Nivo combination, which I am continuing with, depending on what data, if any, comes out from ASCO at the end of May regarding VEGF inhibitors and melanoma. I'm not all that conversant on the FDA approval status of each of these inhibitors. I think they've both been approved for solo use. However, as of April 22, axitinib was approved in combination with Keytruda for renal cell carcinoma. I'm not sure which one my oncologist was thinking he preferred. Next steps depend on what kind of trend if any is seen with the next MRI, along with any data from ASCO 2019.
Comments
Post a Comment