I sent the following MyChart message to my neurosurgeon on 9/19:
I am having some problems with motion sickness for at least two weeks.
I started being very tired the day after a nivolumab infusion, on August 27th. Very tired all week, sleeping 11 hours or so every night. I used to sleep about 7 hours / night. The very long sleep is continuing.
Then on Tuesday the 4th, I had this weird 1- or 2-second moment where the world spun 360 degrees one way, then 360 degrees or more the other way, then returned to normal. I was vomiting in the toilet a few minutes later. I went to the ER. They did an MRI, didn't see anything abnormal, and that was about it.
I went through a week of nausea. I skipped the next infusion scheduled for September 10. My oncologist had an ultrasound done of my full abdomen. There was some sludge and my onclogist said it was probably a bile duct plugged and it would likely clear up on its own. He prescribed phenergan at my request, which cleared the nausea.
I went ahead with the infusion on the 17th, also switched to Zofran. Phenergan works better for me, but not the side effects. I'm fine at night in bed, no nausea. As soon as I get up and start moving, I feel sick. I take a Zofran immediately now, then go lie down for 30 minutes, then I am OK.
I read that the sense of motion is controlled in the cerebellum. My last readiosurgery was in the area of the cerebellum. Could something too tiny to be picked up by that MRI be causing these problems? Or is it bile duct issue? Some reaction to Nivolumab? Or something else?
I am having some problems with motion sickness for at least two weeks.
I started being very tired the day after a nivolumab infusion, on August 27th. Very tired all week, sleeping 11 hours or so every night. I used to sleep about 7 hours / night. The very long sleep is continuing.
Then on Tuesday the 4th, I had this weird 1- or 2-second moment where the world spun 360 degrees one way, then 360 degrees or more the other way, then returned to normal. I was vomiting in the toilet a few minutes later. I went to the ER. They did an MRI, didn't see anything abnormal, and that was about it.
I went through a week of nausea. I skipped the next infusion scheduled for September 10. My oncologist had an ultrasound done of my full abdomen. There was some sludge and my onclogist said it was probably a bile duct plugged and it would likely clear up on its own. He prescribed phenergan at my request, which cleared the nausea.
I went ahead with the infusion on the 17th, also switched to Zofran. Phenergan works better for me, but not the side effects. I'm fine at night in bed, no nausea. As soon as I get up and start moving, I feel sick. I take a Zofran immediately now, then go lie down for 30 minutes, then I am OK.
I read that the sense of motion is controlled in the cerebellum. My last readiosurgery was in the area of the cerebellum. Could something too tiny to be picked up by that MRI be causing these problems? Or is it bile duct issue? Some reaction to Nivolumab? Or something else?
Comments
Post a Comment