I can't say yet whether the trial's Nivo/Liri drug combination is working for me. At this point in time I'm in the middle of cycle 3.
At the end of each 8-week cycle I am given a CT scan to monitor the disease progress, and for the study doctor and drug company to decide if they want me to continue into the next cycle. Although it's not what the study doctor uses, I also ask for the CT scan radiology report each time, generated by whichever radiologist happens to be the one to reads the scans. There is apparently some variation in how any particular radiologist reads scans.
The radiologist reading my July CT, went back to the previous May scan images (not the report), and measured it seemingly bigger and/or in 3 dimensions whereas the previous report only included 2. His reading for July says:
So I'm not quite sure how things are going, other than I remain in the trial, and in a status of (I think) 'stable disease'.
At the end of each 8-week cycle I am given a CT scan to monitor the disease progress, and for the study doctor and drug company to decide if they want me to continue into the next cycle. Although it's not what the study doctor uses, I also ask for the CT scan radiology report each time, generated by whichever radiologist happens to be the one to reads the scans. There is apparently some variation in how any particular radiologist reads scans.
The radiologist reading my July CT, went back to the previous May scan images (not the report), and measured it seemingly bigger and/or in 3 dimensions whereas the previous report only included 2. His reading for July says:
- The lymph node now measures 3.2 x 3.6 x 5.0 in July, minimally larger than May (3.0 x 3.6 x 4.7 cm).
- Also at the end of cycle 1 in May, a second, subcarinal lymph node tumor was reported. However, in July the CT report says that it has 'resolved', essentially going away.
- A tiny (3mm) possible new third lesion is reported.
So I'm not quite sure how things are going, other than I remain in the trial, and in a status of (I think) 'stable disease'.
Comments
Post a Comment