Very happy with my recent neurosurgery at UCSF. My recovery is going much faster than my first craniotomy last year. This new one was a double craniotomy, to remove:
I feel so much better and am recovering a lot more quickly this time than my previous craniotomy in my left occipital lobe last September. My surgeon resected everything he could see. I go back in for radiosurgery follow-up next Friday with Gamma Knife, assuming no problems from BC/BS. This would be a 16 day interval from surgery to radiosurgery (the interval at Kaiser last time was over 5 weeks).
Neurologically, I'm not walking into things on the right hand side anymore which is nice. I believe that was one of the left parietal lobe tumors. I would see things, like a parking meter, but not automatically recognize them as things I should avoid and would walk right into them. Nice not to be doing that anymore!
- A previously treated (cyberknife) left parietal lobe tumor that became active again
A new left parietal lobe tumor- A new right temporal lobe tumor (the largest of the three I believe, over 2cm)
I feel so much better and am recovering a lot more quickly this time than my previous craniotomy in my left occipital lobe last September. My surgeon resected everything he could see. I go back in for radiosurgery follow-up next Friday with Gamma Knife, assuming no problems from BC/BS. This would be a 16 day interval from surgery to radiosurgery (the interval at Kaiser last time was over 5 weeks).
Neurologically, I'm not walking into things on the right hand side anymore which is nice. I believe that was one of the left parietal lobe tumors. I would see things, like a parking meter, but not automatically recognize them as things I should avoid and would walk right into them. Nice not to be doing that anymore!
Comments
Post a Comment