I have an OK from the ophthalmologist to drive, from point of view of my visual issues.
I got a visual field test today (including the eyedrops, pupil dilation, etc.) and they were able to measure my visual field defect from the occipital lobe surgery. Based on measuring its size and location, I have an OK to drive (my main reason for going in for the evaluation). They want me to wait for an OK from my oncologist. He's already indicated his main concern was the visual field defect.
I got a visual field test today (including the eyedrops, pupil dilation, etc.) and they were able to measure my visual field defect from the occipital lobe surgery. Based on measuring its size and location, I have an OK to drive (my main reason for going in for the evaluation). They want me to wait for an OK from my oncologist. He's already indicated his main concern was the visual field defect.
- Paracentral scotoma: The name for my type of field defect.
- Ocular migraines: The name for what he believes I was having before the surgery, and what I've had twice since then (geometric, slowly expanding rings of light). Non-ophthalmologists described these as possible focal seizures. Nope, ocular migraines! (probably)
Comments
Post a Comment