To determine whether the IL2 treatment is helping, I went in for a PET scan on 7/16. If lesions are stable or shrinking, the treatment would be helping and I would likely continue with more courses (otherwise I would need to seek a new treatment option.)
Got the scan results back from my local oncologist today -- according to the radiologist, "the previously seen areas of uptake are no longer seen on the PET scan. This indicates a good response to treatment."
Sounds like the IL2 treatment did something! I believe that means nothing significant lit up in my lungs -- the radioactive sugar was not getting taken up in any greater quantity there than elsewhere. As opposed to the first PET scan where parts of my lungs and some lymph nodes around them lit up.
I should have a more detailed interpretation once I talk to the melanoma specialist.
Got the scan results back from my local oncologist today -- according to the radiologist, "the previously seen areas of uptake are no longer seen on the PET scan. This indicates a good response to treatment."
Sounds like the IL2 treatment did something! I believe that means nothing significant lit up in my lungs -- the radioactive sugar was not getting taken up in any greater quantity there than elsewhere. As opposed to the first PET scan where parts of my lungs and some lymph nodes around them lit up.
I should have a more detailed interpretation once I talk to the melanoma specialist.
Comments
Post a Comment