(5/28 - 6/2/2010) I was able to tolerate 10 out of a possible 14 doses of IL2 for the first treatment cycle. They were watching many parameters. They stopped when my platelet count hit 65 (normal levels are 150 to 450 I think).
Now I'm resting / recharging. When I go back down for the next cycle, they'll measure all those parameters first. This will be after a 9 day break. Two cycles together like that would comprise one course of treatment. After a course is complete, we would wait a month or so, then scan to see if I'm responding.
One thing the doctor mentioned is that I probably I have Gilbert's Syndrome, which results in high bilirubin levels, but otherwise is a minor condition -- almost more a variation than a disease. But it affects their interpretation of readings of my bilirubin levels.
Now I'm resting / recharging. When I go back down for the next cycle, they'll measure all those parameters first. This will be after a 9 day break. Two cycles together like that would comprise one course of treatment. After a course is complete, we would wait a month or so, then scan to see if I'm responding.
One thing the doctor mentioned is that I probably I have Gilbert's Syndrome, which results in high bilirubin levels, but otherwise is a minor condition -- almost more a variation than a disease. But it affects their interpretation of readings of my bilirubin levels.
Comments
Post a Comment